We thank you for deciding to rent with HERTZ
Before you leave the country, make sure you have the following in your possession:
- Rental voucher.
- Valid international driver's license and valid Israeli driver's license, bearing identical details.
- Valid international credit card in name of rental customer only (as it appears on rental voucher), printed in clear prominent letters (non-electronic). Your credit card will serve as a deposit during rental, and as means of payment for additional charges overseas, if needed.
- The voucher constitutes a reservation form and confirmation of payment for the reservation only. It will not serve as, and / or be a part of the vehicle rental contract signed with the local rental company, which maintains sole responsibility for implementation of the reservation. Vehicle rental is subject to conditions of the rental contract, which will be signed by the customer overseas on the date of direct rental with the local rental company.
- Day of rental is 24 hours from the actual receipt of the vehicle. Lateness in return and / or extension of rental period beyond the number of days paid for in Israel, will be charged according to local price list overseas, plus insurance, TP, CDW and local tax. HERTZ bears no responsibility or control for it.
- The voucher is valid only to the rental customer, the rental branch, and the date and time stated on it. Any changes in details will be the sole responsibility of the rental customer.
- There will be no refund for days not utilized in the rental voucher.
Credit card, driver's license and age:
- Rental customer (whose name is listed in voucher) must present a valid international credit card, or, in specific cases, two valid credit cards.
- When at the rental office, the rental customer must present a valid Israeli driver's license and a valid international driver's license, where both licenses bear identical details.
- The Seniority of the rental customer's valid driver's license must be at least one year.
- Minimal age for vehicle rental is 25 years, unless stated otherwise at time of reservation and / or in the rental contract conditions. Some countries require a higher minimum age, longer driving seniority and will even charge for young driver's insurance. Please verify this when implementing the reservation.
- In most case, the voucher includes TP and CDW insurance.
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) – coverage for damage to rental vehicle and to third party vehicle. In any case, primary policy holder's participation will apply in case of damage as determined in the specific country and in accordance with type of vehicle.
- TP (Theft Protection) – coverage against theft of rental vehicle. In any case, primary policy holder's participation will apply in case of theft, as determined in the specific country and in accordance with type of vehicle.
- Deductible refund insurance - a "mini-passport for your vehicle" can be purchased in advance during implementation of your reservation (if deductible refund insurance is purchased, please see the insurance policy enclosed with your voucher).
- In any case, no insurance purchased by the rental customer, even when he / she purchases deductible cancellation insurance, will cover damages caused to undercarriage, tires, glass panels, filling vehicle with inappropriate fuel, leaving keys in vehicle , loss of keys, driving drunk or under influence of drugs, or negligent driving.
- Additional insurance or coverage not covered in your voucher can be purchased by choice during the signing of the rental contract overseas. Signature is obligating and not applicable for appeal.
- Check with the overseas branch when collecting your vehicle to see whether police reports must be presented for damage and / or theft.
Vehicle models and groups:
- Vehicle reservations are implemented for vehicle groups only. Types of vehicle, model, motor volume or size of trunk are not guaranteed.
- The local rental company overseas is authorized to issue a vehicle defined as being equivalent in value, or from a comparable or higher group.
- A request for upgrade will be fulfilled on the basis of availability only, at the discretion of the local rental company overseas.
- A rental vehicle is usually issued with a full tank, and the rental customer must return the vehicle in the same condition in which it was received. A less than full gas tank will be applicable for charges overseas, according to local tariffs and with the addition of service charges.
- It is recommended to keep your most recent gas receipt and/or documents for the return of your rental vehicle, in case of clarifications in this regard.
- Make sure you verify in advance the type of fuel required for the vehicle, and fill your tank with this type of fuel only (diesel, unleaded, etc.). Filling your tank with the inappropriate type of fuel will result in the rental customer being liable for full charges for repairs.
- Return fees – one-way rental between states and cities will entail return fees regardless of the state that holds ownership of the vehicle. Return fees are set in the rental contract in local currency and signature is obligating. A charge will be implemented by the local rental company overseas with the addition of local taxes.
- Return fees may sometimes include additional equipment ordered (GPS, child's vehicle seat, ski equipment, etc.).
- Additional driver – Any driver (aside from bearer of voucher) who wishes to drive the rental vehicle and who maintains the conditions of age, seniority and license validity must ensure that his / her details are listed in the overseas rental contract.
- Most countries will insist on an additional charge for this insurance. Please verify when implementing your reservation and signing your rental contract.
- Special accessories, such as: child's vehicle seat, GPS, snow chains, winter tires, ski racks, etc. must be ordered at the time of your vehicle reservation. Payment will apply overseas with the addition of local taxes.
- Any addition not included in the voucher will be applicable for charges overseas, including local taxation. Rates may change without prior notification. Any addition not confirmed in the voucher will not obligate Kesher Rent a Car and will be conditional upon availability at local rental company.
- Airport tax will be determined with rental of vehicle at airport, unless paid in advance in Israel (confirmation of this will appear on rental voucher).
- Please confirm in advance if there are any entry limitations in East European and/or other countries.
- Rental customer must note that entry into certain countries necessitates additional confirmation and payment at the overseas branch, including local taxation.
- Traffic laws vary from country to country and state to state and rental customer will bear the full responsibility to verify these laws and to behave accordingly. In any case, HERTZ will not be liable for any damages incurred by the rental customer as a result of these laws or their violation by the rental customer.
- rental companies where one can also purchase this sticker.
- Many European countries offer a rental agreement in English. Please ask when you receive your vehicle.
- Local judgment authority in any matter regarding the rental agreement or resulting from it, is granted to the local courthouse in the region of the local overseas office where the rental agreement was signed.
"Kesher Rent a Car Ltd.", a concessionaire of HERTZ in Israel, is not responsible for any information or details provided overseas, including by any of the local concessionaires.
The above information is not a substitute for, nor does it diminish from, the conditions set in the voucher or "MegaHertz" program conditions.
Kesher Rent a Car – Leisure Dept.
10, Karlibach St., Tel-Aviv