Important And Essential Information - Rental Abroad
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
(FOR TRAVELLERS ABROAD)
We thank you for choosing to rent from Hertz
Before your departure from Israel make sure that you are in possession of:
• The rental voucher
• Valid international driver's licence and valid Israeli driver's licence with identical details
• Valid international credit card in the name of the renter (whose name is recorded in the voucher) only, with prominent letters (not electronic/debit card). The credit card can serve as a deposit at the time of the rental for further charges which may apply during the rental period and at the time of returning the vehicle and as a means of charging additional payments abroad if necessary. The deposit on the credit card will be released in accordance with the local rental company's policy.
• With regard to additional drivers – on renting the vehicle the additional drivers will be required to present a valid international driver's licence in their names and in some countries also an international credit card in their names.
The rental voucher:
• The voucher constitutes a reservation form and confirmation of payment for reserving the vehicle only and does not serve as and/or form part of the vehicle rental contract (hereinafter: "the rental contract") to be signed with the local rental company, which is solely liable for execution of the reservation.
• The rental of the vehicle, cover and insurance are subject to the terms of the rental contract which will be signed abroad at the time of the rental between the customer and the local rental company, and to the additional charges determined in accordance therewith, all in accordance with the terms set by the local rental company.
• A day of rental is 24 hours from the moment of receiving the vehicle. Delay in returning the vehicle and/or extension of the rental period beyond the rental period fixed in the rental voucher will be charged by the local rental company abroad according to the local price list abroad. Kesher Rent a Car Ltd has no liability for and/or control over this.
• It is clarified that if the renter wishes to extend and/or change the rental period after collecting the vehicle at the rental station abroad, he must arrange this with the local rental company abroad and he will be charged according to the tariffs and terms of the local rental company abroad. Kesher Rent a Car Ltd has no liability for and/or control over this.
• The voucher is only valid for the renter, the rental branch, the date and the time stated in it. The renter shall be solely liable for any change in the details stated in the voucher. In the event of delay or lateness (also of a flight) beyond the time for taking the vehicle stated in the voucher, the vehicle may not be available at the station. In such a case it is advisable to inform the station telephonically (at the telephone number which appears on the voucher). However, this does not ensure that the vehicle will be kept until the time of arrival.
• There is no monetary refund for unused days on the rental voucher.
Credit card, driver's licence and age:
• The renter (whose name is recorded in the voucher) is obliged to present a valid international credit card or 2 credit cards in certain cases.
• The renter is obliged to present a valid Israeli driver's licence at the rental station, together with a valid international driver's licence with identical details.
The renter's driver's licence must have been held for at least one year.
• The minimum age for the renter is 25, unless stated otherwise at the time of the reservation and/or in the rental contract terms. There are countries in which a higher minimum age and longer driving experience are required and in which a payment for insurance of a young driver is also charged. This must be ascertained at the time of making the reservation.
Insurance for bodily injuries and cover for property damage:
• Important to know! Unlike the practice in Israel, the vehicle rental does not include insurance for the driver for bodily injuries as a result of an accident. It is advisable to arrange for such insurance before your departure from Israel. The terms of insurance for bodily injuries to third parties and the scope thereof vary from country to country – information about the scope and terms of the insurance can be obtained from the sales representative.
• In most cases the voucher includes CDW and TP cover.
CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) - cover for accidental damage to the rental vehicle and to the third party vehicle subject to the terms of the rental company abroad.
TP (Theft Protection) - cover against theft of the rented vehicle subject to the terms of the rental company abroad.
If there is no cover or it does not apply, the renter will bear the full cost of the accident and theft damage.
In any case of accidental damage or theft to which the cover applies, the renter's deductible will apply, as determined by the local rental company abroad and in accordance with the type of vehicle.
• A "deductible refund guarantee" may be purchased in Israel, from our company, at the time of making the reservation. (If it is purchased, the purchase will be mentioned in the reservation and the guarantee will be attached to the reservation and the voucher). It should be noted that the guarantee is not mentioned in the rental voucher (which is given by Kesher Rent a Car) but in the reservation only. In this case identical cover should not be purchased abroad.
• The cover does not include cover for any damage caused to the vehicle body, tyres or glass panels, or by filling up with a type of fuel which is not suitable for the vehicle, leaving the key in the vehicle, losing keys, driving in an intoxicated state or while under the influence of drugs, driving for illegal purposes or purposes incompatible with the permitted uses of the vehicle, use of the vehicle other than for private or business purposes, malicious damage, negligent driving. Without derogating from the aforesaid, the cover is applicable subject to the rental terms set out in the rental contract and the policy of the local rental company abroad.
• Cover not included in the rental voucher, including extensions of cover and insurance, can sometimes be purchased abroad at the time of signature of the rental contract abroad, and in the customer's sole discretion. Before purchasing additional cover/insurance it is advisable to make sure that you have not purchased double cover. Signature abroad for purchase of additional cover/insurance is binding and not subject to appeal.
• At the time of collecting the vehicle at the station abroad you should check whether it is necessary to present a police report in the event of damage and/or theft.
Note: If you have purchased a "deductible refund guarantee" from Kesher Rent a Car, as appears on the reservation, you do not need to purchase additional deductible cover even if it is offered to you by the local company when you collect the vehicle. If you have signed for purchase of additional cover at the local rental company abroad, a monetary refund will not be given by "Kesher Rent a Car Ltd" and/or the local rental company abroad.
Vehicle models and groups:
• A vehicle reservation is made for a vehicle group only. The type of vehicle, model, engine capacity or trunk size are not assured.
• The local rental company abroad may give the renter a vehicle defined by it as equivalent, comparable or a vehicle of a higher group.
• A request to upgrade the vehicle will be met on the basis of availability only, in the discretion of the local rental company abroad.
• The vehicle is usually handed over with a full fuel tank. The renter must return it in the same condition as he received it. An additional payment will be charged abroad for a tank which is not full, according to the tariff of the local rental company abroad and with the addition of service charges.
• It is advisable to keep the last refueling receipt and/or vehicle return documents in case there are any queries in this regard.
• Make sure to ascertain the type of fuel required for the vehicle in advance and fill up with that fuel only (diesel, unleaded, etc.). Filling up with fuel which is not the required type will lead to the renter being charged with all the expenses of the damage and/or repair.
• Return charge – one-way rental between countries and cities is likely to be subject to a return charge irrespective of the country owning the vehicle. The return charge is stated in the rental contract in local currency and signature thereof is binding. The amount will be debited by the local rental company abroad, with the addition of local tax. Sometimes a return charge is also levied for equipment which was ordered (GPS, baby seat, ski equipment, etc.) It is advisable to ascertain the amount of the return charges when making the reservation.
• Additional driver – Any driver (besides the voucher holder) who wishes to drive the rented vehicle and who meets the age, driving experience and licence conditions must make sure that his details are recorded in the rental contract abroad. In most countries a surcharge must be paid for this addition. This should be ascertained at the time of making the reservation and at the time of signing the rental contract.
• Special accessories such as: baby seat (check with the reservations centre whether a seat is required for a child in accordance with his age and the laws of the country of the rental), GPS, snow chains, winter tyres, ski roof rack, etc., must be ordered at the time of making the reservation. Payment will be made abroad, with the addition of local tax.
• Any accessory which is not included in the voucher is for payment abroad, with the addition of local tax, and the amount thereof may vary without advance notice. Any accessory which is not approved in the voucher does not bind "Kesher Rent a Car" and is dependent on availability at the local rental company.
• Airport tax is charged for vehicle rentals from airports abroad, unless paid in advance in Israel (confirmation thereof will appear in the rental voucher).
• It should be ascertained in advance whether there are entry restrictions to countries in Eastern Europe and/or other countries. The renter should take note that entry to certain countries requires authorization and additional payment at the station abroad, with the addition of local tax.
• Traffic laws, cover and insurance vary from country to country and the vehicle renter is responsible for finding out about such laws, cover and insurance and acting in accordance with them. In any case Kesher Rent a Car will not have any liability in connection with damage suffered by the renter in connection with such laws and/or cover and/or insurance or contravention thereof by the renter.
• In a number of countries in Europe it is obligatory to obtain a sticker in order to travel on highways. This information should be ascertained at the border crossings or at the rental stations abroad, where the sticker can sometimes also be purchased.
• In many countries there are tolls and payments for travel on highways, heavy traffic levies in city centres, etc. – it is advisable to obtain details about the subject and the possibilities of paying before the journey from the websites and also from the rental companies abroad when taking the vehicle.
• Hertz has declared no-smoking vehicles in a number of countries. Smoking in Hertz vehicles is prohibited. A customer who returns a vehicle in which smoking has taken place will be charged with the expenses of cleaning the vehicle at the local rental company's tariff. Kindly make sure not to smoke in the vehicle.
• The vehicle is to be returned to the rental company in reasonably clean condition. Returning a dirty vehicle may result to a fine from the rental company abroad, which may amount to hundreds of euros/dollars.
• In many countries in Europe a rental contract in English can be obtained for signature. Kindly enquire at the time of taking the vehicle.
• Local jurisdiction in connection with any matter concerning the rental agreement or arising from it is given to the court at the location of the local rental company abroad.
• The customer is aware that all or some of the data about him, whether given by him or from other sources, will be kept in computerized databases owned by Kesher and held by it and/or by related bodies dealing with the technical side of Kesher's operations and/or with data processing and/or bodies dealing with business management for Kesher, and will be used by the company and the bodies held by it for purposes of operation, provision and development of Kesher's services; improvement of service; collection and debiting; customer relations, mailing and customer service; marketing; all with regard to the customer specifically and to Kesher's clientele generally.
Transaction cancellation policy:
• The reservation may be cancelled within fourteen days from the date of making the reservation or from the date of sending the voucher to the customer – whichever is the later and on condition that the cancellation is made not later than two days before the date of commencement of the rental. A service charge of $9 will be charged/not refunded for every reservation which is cancelled. Without derogating from the aforesaid:
• For a reservation for rental of a vehicle in Holland - The reservation may be cancelled within fourteen days from the date of making the reservation, on condition that the cancellation is made not later than two days before the date of commencement of the rental. For a reservation which is cancelled 72 hours before the date of commencement of the rental the rental company abroad will charge a cancellation fee for vehicles in the P,M,S categories in the sum of 125 euro +local VAT, by means of the credit card details which the customer gave at the time of making the reservation.
• For a reservation for rental of a vehicle in Belgium - The reservation may be cancelled within fourteen days from the date of making the reservation, on condition that the cancellation is made not later than two days before the date of commencement of the rental. For a reservation which is cancelled 72 hours before the date of commencement of the rental the rental company abroad will charge a cancellation fee for vehicles in the K,G categories in the sum of 125 euro +local VAT, by means of the credit card details which the customer gave at the time of making the reservation.
• For a reservation for rental of a vehicle in Greece - The reservation may be cancelled within fourteen days from the date of making the reservation, on condition that the cancellation is made not later than two days (48 hours) before the date of commencement of the rental. For a reservation which is cancelled in July - August, 48 hours before the date of commencement of the rental, a cancellation fee of 50 dollars +local VAT will be charged. For vehicles in the A,B,C,D, categories a cancellation fee will only be charged in July-August.
• Requests for cancellation of reservations must be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. The voucher or reservation number and full name of the vehicle renter must be attached to the request. Kindly confirm telephonically with the reservations centre that the request has been received.
"Kesher Rent a Car Ltd", the Hertz franchisee in Israel, is not responsible for any information or details given to the customer abroad, including by Hertz franchisees abroad.
The above information is not a substitute for and does not derogate from the terms stated in the rental voucher
Kesher Rent a Car
Carlibach 10 St. Tel-Aviv Tel: +972-3-6841000